Cataracts San Francisco
San Francisco Cataract Treatment
Cataracts and cataract surgery may sound intimating and overwhelming but our doctors have helped thousands of San Francisco and Bay Area residents improve their vision and get their sight back. Cataract surgery is relatively safe and common surgery. All of our cataract surgeons, Dr. Danny Lin, Dr. Scott So, Dr. Karen Oxford, and Dr. Kaileen Yeh, have all had years of experience and successful results.
- Cataracts currently affect more than 20.5 million American over age 40.
- By age 65, over 90% of people in the US will develop cataracts. By age 75, their cataract can really affect their vision.
- More than 95% of surgeries are successful with fewer than 5% of cases experiencing complications such as inflammation, bleeding, infection and retinal detachment
We want all individuals who live in San Francisco and the Bay Area to understand this common condition and have access to care for their cataracts. Cataracts can’t be prevented but they can be treated with surgery. There are ways to slow the progression of cataracts.
Ways to Slow the Progressions of Cataracts:
- Healthy Diet
- Wearing UVA/UVB protective eyewear and wide-brimmed hats
- Not Smoking
- Visit us for annual vision exams
We want our patients and potential patients to feel comfortable and well-informed about the procedure. In fact, cataracts surgery and lens selections is an exciting task. Advances in the technology of lenses (also known as IOLs) give patients the choice to correct vision at all distances; far, near and everything in between. Whereas your grandparents only had the choice of a monofocal lens, today’s multifocal IOLs provide the same vision correction without relying on eyeglasses or contact lenses after surgery. Want to learn more about cataracts? We invite you to read through our resources on our website.
Learn more about Cataracts
Schedule a vision exam with one of our optometrists today to determine whether or not if you have cataracts. Or, if you know you have cataracts and would like to ask more detailed questions request an appointment with one of our talented doctors today, either by phone, 415-923-3007 or request an appointment through our website.